SEO Strategy 101: The Best SEO Tools
There are several SEO apps, platforms and tools you can use to optimize your website as part of the seo search engine. Make sure to choose the right one well. Apps and tools can vary a lot, so everything will depend on your clients’ benefits.
- Allows you to monitor your competitors from a single seed URL
- Offers a wide range of PPC keyword recommendations
- Its free account shows partial data for many functions
- You can see what keywords other companies are ranking for
- Unreliable keyword difficulty scores
- Fails to register all backlinks for every URL
- Requires subscription payment plans
Moz provides a big number of search engine optimization tools through Moz Pro, the flagship paid product.
- Has outside funding to develop more tools
- Powerful keyword tool
- Allows you to set up tools that can audit your selected websites
- Offers tips and insights
- Lacked focus for 2 years; they just refocused in 2016
- Web page database is not very extensive
Xenu is a broken link checker that you can try for free. It produces detailed reports on broken links, as well as text, scripts, maps and images found on your website.
- Free of charge
- Provides downloadable reports
- Processes complete websites quickly
- Didn’t update since 2010
- Operates on very limited browsers
- Learning curve on how to understand reports
This is a web-based tool that can help you check broken links and duplicate content. It also measures which of your pages are the strongest ones, based on internal linking and reports.
- Free of charge for websites with less than 250 pages
- Extremely quick
- Web-based platform
- For larger websites, there is the need to buy credits
- Some of its features can be found in all-in-one tools
5. URL Profiler
This tool helps users collect SEO data from several sources. It can compile them in one report, and consolidate content audits, backlink analyses and competition research.
- 14-day free trial
- Compiles data quickly
- Exports results easily through CSV files
- Required paid subscriptions
- You need to use paid versions
6. Raven Tools
Raven Tools is a reliable website analyzer. It allows business owners to boost their website’s ranking on the SERPs.
- Clean, nice interface
- Allows you to see weak and strong parts of a website
- Two pricing plans
- Pulls information from other sources to be able to complete reports
- Generate reports slowly
Majestic is a dependable tool comparable to SEMRush and Moz. It is used to monitor backlinks, and has one of the biggest databases available.
- This is the self-proclaimed biggest backlink database in the industry
- Offers reports in several styles
- Requires another tool when digging deeper into keyword research
- Can’t integrate with Google Analytics